06 May Garden Gift Guide for Mother’s Day
Mother’s Day is right around the corner, and each year we wonder, “What to get mom?” Honestly, how do you choose a present for a super hero who deserves so much!? We are here to help! If you want to make your mom smile this year, check out our garden-inspired gift guide.
Here are a few of our favorite choices — from ideas for the aspiring gardener to the master. (And don’t forget to spend time with your mom too, or at least give her a call!)
The Aspiring Newbie
- A membership to her local Botanical Garden. She can spend time enjoying the flowers and fresh air without having to get her hands dirty.
- Fresh flowers or a plant for her house. You can never go wrong with a beautiful bouquet you picked out yourself!
- Lavender is a lovely herb that is not only beautiful, but smells wonderful and promotes relaxation. Try a lavender plant, dried lavender for the home, or even lavender syrup we hear it’s great in cocktails!
- Essential oils are very popular right now and for good reason! These power-packed oils promote healthy wellbeing, smell great, and some even taste great. Start her off with a few basics and a home diffuser.
The Beginning Gardener
- Maybe your mom has already started her garden, but could use a little help. Offer to spend the day with your mom planting a few of her favorite flowers or herbs together. She will love showing you her expertise.
- Give her a few plants that are great to start in May. Basil, dill and tomatoes are all good choices!
- A how-to book for growing vegetables or something she hasn’t started yet.
- Some new flowerpots! They have a lot of unique ones out there and you could even make a DIY pot for a personal touch.
- This master gardener may seem like she has it all, but garden accessories are always needed. Try giving her some new garden gloves, a sun hat, or shovels.
- Has she always wanted chickens in her backyard? Lend a hand and help her build that chicken coop after all.
- Take her on a garden shopping spree at your local nursery and spend the day picking out and planting a few new plants.
- Give her an item to spruce up her garden, maybe a nice bench swing, garden ornament or walking stones.
What will you be getting mom this year to show how much you love her? Please leave a comment!